Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Road Trippin' with Tina Fey

Many of my friends have shared the joy and satisfaction they find in audio books. Some use them as entertainment on long trips; others listen in as they run errands around town. Years ago I tried to listen to Personal History by Katharine Graham but found myself falling asleep and missing most of what was being said. I haven't had much use for audio books since.

Last week while cruising around the internet I came across an offer for a free audio book, with a 6-hour drive coming up in a few days it seemed like a good time to take Audible.com up on their offer. I downloaded Tina Fey's memoir, Bossypants.

Let me say this, Tina Fey makes for a helluva road trip partner. Sure she's no help with the navigational aspects of the trip, but what she lacks in map skills is easily made up in her ability to make me laugh. She taught me a few things as well. Thanks to Tina, I've got the basic rules of improvisational comedy down.

We spent about 5 hours together, enough time for me to know I'd let her ride shotgun any old time.

No comments:

Post a Comment