Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Reminder

Standing in line at Safeway this afternoon my mind was somewhere else.  My brain was listing things to accomplish this afternoon.  Physically I was focused on the incredibly annoying itchiness in my eyes- a result of the recent spike in ragweed pollen.  Even though my mind was racing the line I was in was moving nowhere.

I looked up to see the cashier in full chat mode with the couple at the front of the line.  Heads were nodding, smiles were widening and the chitchat was full on going strong. 

My first reaction was a quick nod of frustration.  And then just as I was about to launch into a full on really, don't you see the line here, hello, some of us are waiting over here, I stopped and smiled.  Because really in this overwhelming life that so many of us seem to live everyday isn't nice when someone takes a minute or two to say hello and share a laugh?

Yes, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment