Sunday, April 12, 2020

Feeling Free

Thirty days into my new socially distant life and I gotta say it's getting to me. I've been a little down the last two days. After talking with a few other friends it appears that I'm not the only one feeling that way.

I woke up disappointed that I wouldn't be going home for Easter, but I was also feeling determined to get out of my funk. Fortunately, I just needed to open my front door.  It was there that I found a surprise-  a six-roll pack of toilet paper and a small bag of peanut butter cookies along with a light blue bow. Had the Easter Bunny made a visit? Sort of- although the card that was included identified the Easter Bunny as my friend, Kathy.

Smiling, I considered how such a small gesture could so easily turn around my day. I decided to pay it forward by reaching out to another friend.  And then all of a sudden my phone started beeping.  Group chats were awake and people were texting pictures and Easter greetings. Everyone was checking in with each other. A friend in California shared a Spotify list and a video of a new puppy.  There were food pictures and smiling faces.

And before I knew it I was free of the funk.

1 comment:

  1. I was right there with you the whole time, from waking up in a funk to turning it around with human contact and kindness.

    ReplyDelete