Thursday, March 30, 2023

March is Bustin' Out All Over

My least favorite thing about spring is all the pollen flying around. No matter how beautiful the day, how lovely the breeze was, my windows stayed shut until July. Even so, my throat is covered in yuck and my nose is stuffed with more yuck.

The poor woman who sat next to me at physical therapy doesn't know my history of allergies. So, when I started hacking while sitting less than 1 foot from her I wasn't surprised to see her quickly and quietly pull a mask from her pocket to cover up.

This afternoon, I did my best to relax as the lovely lady at the nail salon worked on my pedicure. She didn't react to my first few coughs but by the time I really got going, she pulled up her mask and then graciously offered me a bottle of water.

I'm hopeful everything that needs to "bust out all over" will get busting soon.

2 comments:

  1. It must be hard to deal with those allergies, not to mention people fearing your coughs are something else. I hope you find some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here’s hoping you find some relief, somewhere, in the Spring Break week ahead. - Enid

    ReplyDelete