Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back on the Road

First it was the vein surgeries and then it was the recovery. Next came work---there was too much to do at work. It was cold, too cold. I had a cold. I was sick. I was tired. I had to write my blog.

So many excuses. Tonight that ended. I got home from work later than I wanted and needed to make dinner. There was a friend, someone who's been going through a rough patch, who needed checking in on. By 6:15 I could see my brain formulating the excuse of the evening. And then I realized I'm in charge here! Without another thought I turned my heels and walked upstairs to change my clothes. With shoes laced tight I marched out the door and put one front in front of the other and got moving. My legs were pumping, my arms were swinging and I was smiling. My love/like/hate relationship with running was off and, well, running.

No comments:

Post a Comment