Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break

The sky outside my window is darkening with the gathering of storm clouds. The wind hasn't started quite yet, but I can sense the storm is close. The balmy temperatures of late last week have given way to the 40s and 50s. There's even talk of a wintry mix next week. Spring may have sprung last week but it's lost a little umph this week.

I worry for the delicate, daffodils that brighten my backyard beds and feel as though I should knit up a quick scarf, in a pastel color of course, to help them fight the chill that's coming.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post! I understand your impulse, and may we all enjoy the resilience of the daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image of little bunches of early spring flowers cozy and warm in little scarves.

    ReplyDelete