Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Feeling Good

My friend told me I shouldn't be telling people that I'm anemic.  It makes me sound weak.  The truth is I have been weak.  Just like many cases involving one's health I didn't realize how bad I was feeling until I started feeling good.

There's no reason to go on about how long I've been feeling bad.  After all there are many people in the world who feel so much worse than I ever have or ever will.

B-12 shots help.  I've been getting them for a few weeks now.  It's easy enough to run by the doctor's office and get my weekly jab and move on to the next thing.   Today I ran into my doctor, who also happens to be a good friend of mine, in the parking lot.  Due to busy schedules on both of our parts we haven't seen each other since I started getting my shots about 3 weeks ago.  She asked if they were helping.

Yeah, I guess they are helping.  At least that's what I said when asked.  The proof came a minute later when I walked in the front door of the office building.  Without a thought I spun left, past the elevator, and zipped up three flights of stairs to the office.

Stairs.  I haven't walked those stairs in quite a while- probably since before last summer when this whole thing started. 

I'd say that one small, unconscious decision is proof enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment