Monday, August 26, 2013

It's All Good

It would be easy to go on and on with negativity and wishful thinking about this first day back to work, but really what's good about that?  I mean really when I dissect my work down to it's bare bones- teaching and learning with the young minds of today- I can only think of how much I enjoy my work.  Sure it's hard to say goodbye to the lazy days of the last nine weeks, but the unknown of the next nine months holds its own sort of thrill. 

Last week I stepped back into my classroom for a little cleaning and organizing. Task number one was to rip off the faded yellow paper from one bulletin board and replace it with a nice, crisp orange. I smoothed out the edges and stapled the boarder in place, smiling as I stepped back to admire my work.  In front of me was a clean slate- reminding me that this school year is full of possibilities.  Thanks to those lazy days of summer I'm feeling well rested and ready to take on all the good stuff that is bound to come my way this year.

1 comment: