Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hanging In There

As I looked around the classroom this morning all I saw were tired faces.  Heads were down, resting on outstretched arms and many an eye was bleary. From the vantage point of this teacher it was pretty easy to see that everyone in the room was done.  I would never admit it to the weary 12 year-olds in front of me, but boy am I ever with them.

I awoke with a very ugly, very infected eye yesterday morning.  One-eyed teaching is tough.  All the uncomfortableness that comes with the condition made me want to sit down and lay my head in the comfort of the crook of my arm. 

So really kids- I know how you feel.  Don't worry, Spring Break starts Friday.  I think we can make it if we stick together.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your eye is better this morning. Head in the crook of arm sounds pretty good sometimes. Wish adults would get away with that.

    ReplyDelete