Sunday, June 14, 2020

Y is for Year 27

Well, it's a wrap on year 27 of teaching...sort of. The kids are done so that means no more daily posting of assignments and assessing of work. This teacher is left with just a few days of professional development designed to help me get ready for the possibility of a continuation of distance learning in the fall.

The end of the year has been pretty anti-climatic. There were no end-of-year field trips, no assemblies, or student-led lessons. There was no bet between myself and my colleague Alex predicting which girls would be sobbing at the end of the day. (Obviously Shayla)

There was one last online meeting between myself and 19 of the 98 students I teach. We played Bingo and congratulated ourselves on going the distance through the crazy end of the school year.
As we said goodbye we were sure to include, "See you next year!"

Boy, do I hope we do.

Life Lesson- Connecting is so much better in person.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure 28 will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True- there is no real substitute for in-person connection. “Obviously Shayla” would be a great title for a short story.

    ReplyDelete