Friday, October 15, 2010

The Journey

I find it somewhat amazing that after 30 years, through countless moves and life changes, I still have the green mittens that I received as a Christmas gift in high school. They were a present from my best friend at the time. She made them herself with nothing more than two knitting needles and a ball of wool. I was impressed and touched.

Like the gloves, my friend and I traveled to many different places after high school. She went off to Philadelphia while I went south to Southern Maryland. After school there were jobs and a few more moves until we finally found ourselves in the same area at the same time. Another twist...after working in a variety of professions we both found ourselves in the world of education.

Like the mittens we've both been on quite a journey over the past 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment