Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tell Me Something Good

Today I decided to try a quick icebreaker activity to break the monotony of taking attendance. I asked the students to think of one good thing that happened in the last two weeks and share it with the class.

Things did not go as I expected. Instead of a quick share I was bombarded with questions. Do you mean one good thing in Reading Class? Is last Tuesday okay? What if nothing good has happened? Wait...what?

By the last class of the day I found myself explaining a good thing doesn't have to be huge. It doesn't mean they went to Disney World last weekend--something good might be putting on an old jacket and finding a five-dollar bill in the pocket.

There weren't as many questions after that, but there were a lot of kids who shared they found money in their pockets last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment