Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ouch!

The first ache I felt this morning was not in my head. It was more in the form of something known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. DOMS, as it more commonly called, is really nothing more than your body reminding you that it's been quite some time since you've challenged yourself physically. My challenge came in the form of kettle weights. I'd heard a lot about them and decided to give them a try.

The DVD workout went pretty well, in fact I was feeling so motivated after that I decided to get outside and go for a walk/run.

I awoke this morning to stiff, sore legs. I know the best cure for this muscle malady is a walk to stretch the affected areas. Knowing what's best and doing what's best are very different...I opted for stretching out on the couch most of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment