Sunday, March 1, 2015

Enjoying the Moment

With all kinds of frozen precipitation falling all day long it's easy to wonder if winter will ever come to an end.  My attempt to clean the ice that is crusted on my car ended in failure this afternoon, as I found it too treacherous to traverse the iced-over sidewalk.

There are many crying enough on social media.  But you know what?  I don't really mind.  And no, it's not because I'm a teacher and I like snow days.  Really what I like is a change in season.  I like looking around at this time of year hoping to spot the first signs of what's to come.

Just yesterday I spotted a gathering of yellow crocuses sprouting in a patch of soil and grass that wasn't covered in snow.  Today they are encased in ice, reminding me of Snow White who slumbered in her own glass case waiting for a charming prince to rescue her.  I'm not sure who will rescue us all from this winter, but I do know spring will arrive when it's ready.  It always does.

6 comments:

  1. We had frozen fog this morning. It's beautiful to look at, but makes me long for spring. The ground here is still covered with snow, and more is on the way this week. The days are getting longer, holding a promise that warmer temperatures will soon arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attitude! And I do think it's time for a change of seasons. Spring awaits!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your attitude! And I do think it's time for a change of seasons. Spring awaits!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Snow White comparison! Glad you enjoyed the miserable day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Snow White comparison! Glad you enjoyed the miserable day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, like the Snow White comparison, Mary - "encased in ice" and "slumbering in her own glass case" - loved these phrases.

    ReplyDelete