Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy Feet

Nothing says "Summer is coming sometime soon" like a new pair of sandals.  My new Chaco Hipthong Ecotread sandals arrived today.  I have to say, the last pair of Chacos I had were my very favorite.  In fact, I wore them almost every day last summer.  As the start of the school year grew closer last August I worried, simply because I couldn't imagine putting anything else on my feet.

Good times they were.  Those sandals I wore last summer already had a good four years of wear on them.  Believe me, I could easily slip right back into them come June 20th and keep them there until the sad bells of the start of school ring again.  Then again, with their somewhat ragged look it's probably best to start breaking in a new pair.

I started the break-in process tonight.  It took a little coaxing but eventually I wormed my pale, dry feet into place.  My ragged, in-need-of-a-new-pedicure, toes wiggled a bit to find their place on the new treads.

It's going to take some time, but by June shoes and feet will be happy soles.

5 comments:

  1. This is a very hopeful post - that spring will in fact come and stay for a while and that summer will follow! My feet could use a pair of sandals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is that dance we do, in our sandals, as those big yellow buses pull away!! Congrats on your new purchase! I'm going to have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sandals. That sounds lovely. Love comfortable shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Sounds like it's time to go get a pedicure....

    ReplyDelete