Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Common Ground


This March I challenged my students to participate in their own writing challenge.  Here's a shout out to my friend over at Walking the Dog for supporting me in this endeavor.

At a minimum, students are required to post at least ten times.  To help them experience success I make sure to carve out class time twice a week for some writing time.

I've been surprised at the community that has developed through our Google Classroom site.  All 110 students that I teach have an opportunity to read and comment on their classmates’ daily posts.  At this point I can say all the comments have been supportive and positive.  I've enjoyed getting a little peek at the lives my students lead outside of my classroom.  These kids are busy with sports, dance, family fun and all kinds of other activities.  


We may not enjoy many of the same after school activities, but one thing we all agree on is that getting up early is for the birds.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Congratulations on taking on the Classroom Challenge! Awesome insight into your students' minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And P.S. I'd like the scoop on how you're using this on Google Classroom. (Bb RIP)

    ReplyDelete