Friday, March 31, 2017

Fitting In

Sitting in the audience, watching the school's musical production, I was struck by the assortment of kids in the cast.  There were smart kids, and not so smart kids.  There were kids who have it together and those who don't seem to have it together anywhere in the school environment.  Yes, there was, in a way, a microcosm of every kind of kid I teach every day.  

And yet, there they all were together- singing, dancing, changing scenes, running around with props and shining spotlights on the whole shebang.  

I thought back to my own memories of drama and musical productions in high school.  Back then I never felt like I fit in- until I discovered a niche as a member of the prop crew.


Theater- it really does have a place for anyone.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! 🎭 Theater kids are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have missed this one last year. Prop crew = paper products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on the prop crew in high school. Phyllis was the stage manager- at least she had a leadership position!

      Delete