Friday, March 17, 2017

Flashback Friday

In honor of St. Patrick's Day and my Irish heritage I offer a flashback piece that details one of my favorite memories from my visit to Ireland four and a half years ago.

July 2016

Certainly one of the more intriguing sites I've seen thus far in Ireland is the way the dogs and cats move about town.  Saturday morning I was driving down Marks St. with Kit when I noted a small, black and white dog walking at a clip down the sidewalk.  I watched as his four legs moved him purposefully down the block.  From my vantage point it was clear that this dog had a destination in mind.

We turned the corner and were stunned to see that our four-legged friend was still walking just ahead of us, except that he was now making his way spritely down the street...in the bike lane.  I laughed out loud as I watched him cross over by way of the crosswalk to the next intersection.


He stopped at the corner to assess the situation before heading across the street.  We held a collective breath as we saw he was crossing against the red.  No matter, all was fine.  The little guy looked left and met eyes with the oncoming car, which in turn slowed down to let him cross.  And then he was gone, marching down the street and out of sight onto what we'll never know.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! Good to know that the dogs are able to navigate their way around the country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I can't imagine my own dog marching about town like this! This one sounds like he's got a lot of spunk.

    ReplyDelete