Sunday, March 3, 2024

Stepping Out

My biggest revolution as an adult has been that I work best with 8 hours of sleep. Since my alarm goes off at 5:00 am, I try to make my way upstairs at a time that is about the same time I begrudgingly went to bed in elementary school. Back then, I assumed there was all kinds of fun after my early bedtime. These days I often pass on school night invitations if they mean staying out later than 9:00 pm.

So when I got an email from a long-time friend inviting me to a concert tonight I hesitated at first. I have no idea who the band is other than they are a funk rock band that formed in the 70s.

What I do know is how much I enjoy hanging out with this particular friend, one of the first people I met when I moved to the area close to 40 years ago. So tonight, I'll stay up and enjoy some of that fun I was sure was happening way back when.

My 10-year-old self would be so excited.

3 comments:

  1. Fun piece, with the cutest ever closing line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! (Leave your watch at home!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully it was worth breaking your self imposed curfew! (I bet it was!)

    ReplyDelete