Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slow and Steady Wins Out

My energy level has been quite low today and I'm okay with that. Some days you just have to go with the flow of things and today, for me, that meant taking on the day in a slow, yet steady way.

I slept until 9:30 this morning. My cat was slightly worried about this change of schedule. In fact, he tried his best to wake me up at 5:00; surely he was thinking I needed to get up to go to work. He tried gently at first, taking his paw and placing it softly on my nose. When success did not come he added just a little bit of claw and slowly slid his paw down my cheek.

Over the years I've learned that it's best to ignore cats when they're trying to awaken you. It's kind of like playing a game of chicken; as long as I don't flinch I win. And so it was this morning. With a toss and a turn I drew the sheet tightly around my head and returned to a state of slumber. By the time I woke up at 9:30 the cat was well into his early morning catnap.

My morning coffee lasted until about 11:00. I was happy to sip and read, not only the paper but also a book I started just last week. I ate breakfast just in time to call it lunch and didn't get a shower until somewhere around 1:00 pm.

I had only one appointment on the calendar today; a meeting with my accountant to go over my tax forms. I'm glad it was scheduled for 3:00pm; I hate rushing around in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a perfect day! I felt like I was moving at a snail's pace today; however, I spent it at work, so it led me to frustration instead of enjoyment. Next week is my week to linger instead of rushing in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - glad you had a day of rest and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete