Saturday, May 8, 2010

Diner

Tonight I found myself back at the Bel Loc Diner for the first time in probably 24 years. The Bel Loc was legendary as the last place you go before you go home on a Friday or Saturday night, in fact, I think today was only the second time I've been there before 2:00 AM. I'm pretty nostalgic so I was happy to stop in for a milkshake after my niece's lacrosse game.

A few things were different, most notably the 11:00 PM closing time. The stainless steel counter was right where it belonged, but the booth that we usually sat in was missing. The wall it sat against was gone thanks to renovation and the addition of another dining room.

The old ladies were still there, ready and waiting to take orders and bring food. They still wore the signature white pants and top, looking more like nurses than waitresses. Our waitress had an odd demeanor, she seemed nervous and reminded me more of Adrian, Rocky's girlfriend, then Flo from Mel's Diner.

There were still burgers and fries, and of course, milkshakes. It was a nice step back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment