Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lazy Saturday

I moved into my present home ten years ago. It is a small brick townhouse condominium in a community of houses built in the 1940s. My backdoor opens to a small patio, beyond that is a natural courtyard created by my building and three others. The boundary lines between each patio are natural ones, created by shrubbery.

My windows are open today and as the soft breeze blows through I can hear the sound of a saw in the distance. A few unidentifiable bird chirps clash with the bark of a neighbor's dog. The bird feeder is getting a steady flow of fly-by customers.

My cat is stretched out on the window seat with his eyes half open. He enjoys the comfort of a soft blanket, and even though a part of him would likely enjoy a catnap, there's also a part of him that can't keep his eyes off the backyard show.

No comments:

Post a Comment