Thursday, May 20, 2010

Looking Back...Part 1

On the TV show, “Mad About You,” one of the main characters had a tradition of taking a solitary walk on his birthday to spend some time processing the events of the previous year. I guess birthdays are as good as any other day to take some time out to dissect the events of the three hundred sixty five days that have gone by. Well, maybe dissect isn’t the best word. I have no interest in ripping apart my memories of the year and processing them until they are nothing but a haphazard group of over-analyzed thoughts. Whatever- it might be fun to take a look back


The year started off with a bang when I was completely surprised by an impromptu gathering of friends who somehow stole away from their busy lives on a Wednesday night to take me to dinner. Really, isn’t a birthday just about saying to someone, “Hey, I’m glad you’re here?” I definitely felt the love that night; it was a super way to start off the year way.

No comments:

Post a Comment