Monday, August 9, 2010

A Bit of Hot Air...

Like most people, I have my fair share of pet peeves. I do my best to limit the list but every once in a while I find it necessary to add one more annoyance to the record.

This week I do believe it's necessary to include...drum roll please...charging for air at the gas station. Yes, in many places it costs 50 cents for a little air in the tires. I guess free air has gone by the wayside, along with the Texaco man who would run out to pump the gas and clean the windshield.

I suppose it's bothered me for sometime now. However, it wasn't until I was stuck a half-mile from home with a flat tire on my bike that paying for air found it's way on the list. Really, should it cost me the same 50 cents to fill my tiny little bike tire that it costs some guy, or gal, in a Ford F-150 pickup?

I just don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment