Thursday, August 19, 2010

Embracing the End of Summer

I've always been the one who needed to get home early after a weekend away in order to "regroup" before starting up the workweek on Monday morning. It was a concept my friends never understood. For me, a weekend at the beach meant heading home around 1:00 on Sunday so I could do a bit of laundry and get to bed at a reasonable hour. My friends, on the other hand, were more likely to continue with the fun in the sun until late Sunday night or even Monday morning. Some would head home about 9:oo pm Sunday get to bed about midnight and scramble off to work the next morning with a bit of sand still in their hair. Others would wake up at 4:30 or 5:00 AM Monday morning, grab a coffee and make the three- hour drive straight into work. I never understood how they did it.

This summer I've decided to embrace the last few days of my break. Whatever isn't done by next Thursday isn't getting done on a summer schedule. It will just have to be fit in to the free time I have outside of my work schedule. Thursday morning I'm heading to the beach to relish in the last few days of a nice summer break. My goal is to embrace the time on the beach with friends without thinking about the stress and work that the beginning of the school year is certain to bring.

I think I'll even stay for dinner on Sunday night.

1 comment: