Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dealing Out the Cards

Sometime during the spring of this year 5th grade teachers around my school district worked hard on blue cards designed to inform 6th grade teachers about the ups and downs of the students they'd been charged with for the year. Those cards were, in turn, turned over to the counseling staff at the middle school.

Leadership has its privileges...or is it pitfalls? Whatever the case may be, I will be in possession of those very cards later this week when I meet with the team leader from the other sixth grade team and the grade level counselor. We will do our best to sort the students into two equal teams. I think we do a pretty good job and really, I always enjoy the process. It's tough to get a feel for a breathing pre-adolescent from a data and ink on a grouping card. The real fun comes a few weeks later when students and teachers meet for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment