Friday, May 8, 2020

G is for Grandma

The first in my group of college friends has become a grandmother.  Connie and I turned 40 around the same time so off we went with two other gals for a weekend of fun and celebration.  It was that weekend that she met an older guy, with 3 sons of his own.  They were a perfectly matched couple in many ways so it wasn't surprising that they married a few years later.

And now, seventeen years after the 40th birthday weekend one of those sons made my friend a grandmother.

Hanging out with the same people I did in college makes me feel young every time I see them.  It's like we haven't aged at all.  Sure we've all been there together- going through all the life things that happen but I never feel older around those girls.  No doubt, that's part of the reason we try to get together so often.

But grandma...wow.  It sounds like maybe we are getting older.

Life Lesson-  It's true what they say- time flies.

2 comments: