Friday, April 23, 2010

Making Connections...Part III

My relationship with Mr. Norton was not a good one. He threw books at students who weren’t listening. He was partial to short sleeved shirts and always wore a tie. I didn’t do well in his class, in fact it was in his 8th grade Science class that I earned my first D grade. His booming voice scared me, and the poor grade I got just made him and science even scarier. My parents and I met with him over the grade I received. I don’t remember what happened, but I do remember my dad working with me while I read my science book to make sure I understood what I was reading. I don’t remember much else about him.

Build positive relationships. I hear that it’s the best way to get students involved in their education.

No comments:

Post a Comment