Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Watching the Animals

Tonight finds me feeling a bit like Dr. Doolittle. When I skipped off to work this morning I heard the familiar call of the cardinal coming from nearby. With a glance upward I spotted him sitting on a branch shrouded by the greenery of a small oak tree. Even with all the green leaves it was easy to pick out the brilliant red color of the vocal winged creature.

I returned home ten hours later to find a red cardinal sitting in the same tree singing his song. I can't be sure that it was the same one who sent me off to work in the morning, but maybe it was.

I threw my bag on the chair when I walked in the door as always. I was on my way to grab the mail that sat waiting for me on the floor under the mail slot when I heard a knocking sound at the back door. Surprised is what I was, because there knocking on my door was a squirrel. Was he selling something or looking for a handout? I'll never know because he scurried off before I could ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment