Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What to do

I think one of the most rewarding parts of any vacation is the freedom to retire and rise on one's own schedule.

I don't mind getting up early, but even after 6 years I have yet to embrace the startling sound of the alarm at 5:15 each morning. I'd say that a 7:30 or 8:00 am wake-up is more my style.

It's easy to waste away the summer days. I enjoy the slowness of the mornings, but have come to realize that it's best to come up with some sort of "to do list" for the day. Without the list my morning coffee/crossword puzzle time can easily stretch into lunchtime.

Summertime is my time to reorganize my cabinets and closets. Sitting in the living room I can already see things that need to be trashed or sent off to Goodwill. I can't wait to tackle the clutter.

1 comment:

  1. I like the verbs "retire"and "rise" (especially retire...).

    ReplyDelete