Monday, July 19, 2010

A Good Kind of Tired

There's nothing like a long overdue trip to the gym to make one realize just how out of shape they've become. That was my lot in life today. I'm now into my third week of summer vacation and that great summer exercise plan in my head has gone nowhere. It would be easy to place blame on the nasty sinus infection that took me down for pretty much the first two weeks of vacation. But then again, maybe it's time to stop looking for a scapegoat and get moving.

The workout started with a little elliptical time. Ten minutes into it I was thinking it was time to get off. That's the hard part...perseverance...staying with something when you don't want to. I'm glad I stayed with it because within the next ten minutes, with sweat seeping out of my pores, I began to feel different. I was happy to let the bad habits and lack of exercise pour out of me; I could feel change in the making.

With my adrenaline pumping after a good bit of "ellipticizing" I was feeling the need to lunge. I must have been delirious-I have always hated lunges. I still do, but I was in some sort of aerobic haze, the kind that makes you do things you don't usually do.

In the end, I survived it all. I walked out about 90 minutes later feeling a good kind of tired and just a little sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment