Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's A Beautiful Day

The weather today was an anomaly for summertime in the DC area. When I awoke about 7:30 and opened to front door in search of the morning paper I was surprised at the cool temperature and low humidity. It's July 1 but the cool air and gentle breeze made it feel more like October 1.

Still dealing with a nasty cold made it hard to motivate at first but I soon decided to put the cold on the back burner and get out and enjoy the gift of a July day without heat and humidity. I started by throwing open the windows and welcoming the cool breeze as it playfully moved its way through the house.

Next on the agenda was an impromptu visit to the Aquatic Gardens. Water lilies and lotus flowers were in full bloom throughout the gardens. Red winged blackbirds darted through the air in search of a place to perch. Geese gathered in small groups and pecked their way along the path nibbling on grass. Missing were the large turtles I've seen in the past, but fortunately small ones could be seen leaving me to believe that in the next few years I will see the big guys back in the pond where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment