Friday, June 18, 2010

Picnic Table or Patio Furniture?

Way back when I was a kid we didn't have anything called "patio furniture." I didn't know anyone with patio furniture. What we did have were some folding chairs. They were made of metal and mesh nylon straps that were criss-crossed to create a rather solid seat and back surface.

The metal chairs were nice, but if we were outside sitting we were most likely sitting at the picnic table. Ours was rather traditional; a burgundy stained, rectangular table with two benches that sat parallel to one another on opposite sides of the table. It was the perfect size for our family of six.

Somewhere along the way our picnic table got hauled off to the dump in favor of patio furniture. The risk of splinters while eating disappeared and I doubt anyone in the family ever thought about that little picnic table again. I sure didn't...

...Until tonight. I was out for a walk and noticed a beautiful picnic table set sitting on the side of the road. It was free for the taking. I really did want to run back home, grab the car and haul it back home. The only problem is I don't have the space for it; I've got too much patio furniture already.

No comments:

Post a Comment