Thursday, June 24, 2010

Student Comments

As the school year comes to a close I ask my students to write me a letter about the ten months they spent in my class. I ask that they tell me what worked, what didn't and how to change things for the better. This year I also asked for some feedback on the resubmission policy.

Overall the comments given were positive. For the most part, students liked being able to resubmit work to better their grade. Only one student disliked the policy. He felt it allowed students to "be lazy." Another girl praised the policy even though she never took advantage of it.

My favorite comment came from a student that took advantage of the policy on numerous occasions. He wrote, "I really liked that I could turn in my work a second time to get a better grade. I really think you're on to something."

He made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment