Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quiet

It's been a quiet Saturday afternoon, unusually quiet.  Somewhere around 7:00 tonight I figured out the reason for all that silence; my house phone is broken.  Those who call are taken directly to my busy greeting.  I might have never discovered the problem if I didn't happen to pick up my cordless handset and see a message indicating the line was in use.

The message creeped me out.  I live alone so if the line was truly in use that meant someone was upstairs using it.  Fortunately I've been home all day and was reasonably sure that there was no one else in the house. Thinking the cat had been upstairs knocking things around I climbed the stairs to check it out.  Yup, the phone was there, securely set in the charge station, with a message that stated line was in use.

Further investigation proved the quiet would continue...until Wednesday when the first technician appointment is available.

2 comments:

  1. Remember that movie, When a Stranger Calls? The babysitter is getting all those menacing calls, and the police try and trace them, and finally they call her and tell her that the guy is calling from... inside the house!

    Maybe that's why you were creeped out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that movie, Tracey! That is creepy. Mary, I'm glad your problem is not the same!!! Enjoy the peace till Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete