Friday, March 16, 2012

Under the Sheets

My friend over at Teacher Town challenged her students to take a look in their pockets.  She asked them to see past the lint and think about what the odds and ends found there said about them as individuals.  Kids and adults have all kinds of "stuff" jammed down those cotton hidey-holes.  Like most teachers I often end up with a few pens, paperclips and late passes in my pockets at the end of the day.

But what about your bed?  I usually wake up with a TV remote twisted up in the sheets. There may even be a pair of socks jumbled in the mess at the end of my bed.  And yes, as disgusting as it is to think about, I once had a housemate who confessed to losing a Dr. Scholl's corn pad in my sheets when she camped out in my room one night while I was away.

Yeah, that's strange, but not as strange as the list my sister offered up when she was cleaning up her daughter's room.  The assortment of items found in the bed included:  a pair of cleats, a razor, Rolo's wrappers, a Slim Jim wrapper and a bottle of Adult Gummy Vitamins.

At least she's thinking about her health.

4 comments:

  1. Funny slice...made me laugh. I'm embarrassed to say I find hundreds of tissues tucked under my pillow. I've even found cookie crumbs and chippy crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious...and reminds me of how bizarre the habits of teenagers are. I can understand the Rolos, but Gummy vitamins in bed? A razor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!!! I am too OCD to allow myself to fall asleep with my book or my remote or even my socks. How I WISH I could let go and just sleep when I was dingdang ready! This was a hilarious post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of the list of odd things that turn up in purses.

    ReplyDelete