Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Meeting Vivian

The snow day that so many teachers, and yes students too, have been hoping for finally arrived today thanks to a beautiful overnight snowfall.  Snow days mean a relaxing morning followed by a little bit of snow clearing and then an afternoon of catch-up activities.  On this afternoon I decided to catch up on a few videos I've wanted to watch.  First on the list was a documentary of found street photographer, Vivian Maeir.  

Wow is the first word that comes to mind.  First of all, I found her photographs to be stunning.  While I'm no expert on the art of photography I do know that I was intrigued with the work.  I'd like to see more.


Then came the pieced together story of this Nanny/Street Photographer's life.  It seemed to be a sad life- one without many real connections, other than the ones she made through the lens of her camera. Perhaps it wasn't the happiest of documentaries, but it's definitely worth a watch. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of her, but sounds like something we'd all like to watch at our house. Maybe, hopefully, on the next snow day.....

    ReplyDelete