Thursday, February 26, 2015

Waiting Around

Sitting in the small waiting room at Sears Auto reminded me a great deal of sitting in a hospital waiting.  I tried distracting myself with games on my phone but my mind kept racing back to what was happening in that area that I couldn't see.

Before too long a tall gentleman walked slowly down the hall in my direction.  His expression was void of any real expression.  It was hard to tell if the news was good or bad.

"Ms. Brown," he began.  "How long have you been worried about your brakes?"

The news wasn't too bad.  He led me back to the service area and let me take one last look at my rusted rear rotors and worn brake pads.

Ninety minutes later I was out the door- a little lighter in the wallet, but confident my car was fixed up and ready to hit the road again.


1 comment:

  1. That car is like a Timex watch. Very impressive! I really liked your analogy with the hospital waiting room. Well played.

    ReplyDelete