Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Leadership Conference

I take notes during most meetings to keep my attention in check. I find writing a few words about what is being said not only helps me process the information, it also gives me a place to go back to when I have trouble recalling minute details of long meetings.

Today's school leadership conference was six hours long, with a few breaks here and there. I filled 14 sheets of my new, red composition notebook. The word accountability was scribbled in several places.

Of all the notes I took there are two phrases that stick out to me:

"We're in the business of getting students to grow, not in the business of punishing them."

"We are leaders, and remember leadership needs to be continually moving forward."

Go, go, go...grow, grow, grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment