Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Purge

I ran into a former work colleague at Goodwill today. Apparently, I'm not the only teacher out there who sees the summer as the best time to take stock of what's needed and what's not around the house.

I've been making steady progress in that area. Today's donation included an old DVD player, a small assortment of clothes, books, a hummingbird feeder, and a picnic basket.

A picnic basket always seems like something every person should have. It's not something I'd buy for myself, of course, but I liked knowing it was stashed away in my closet just in case a picnic came a calling. I think I've used it twice, maybe three times, in the 16 years I've owned it. Even so, it survived many a summer clear out. Well, until this year.

No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment