Monday, March 23, 2020

Big Activity Brother

If you have an Apple watch you know about the three activity rings.  They are the three rings that track my daily activity, exercise and the number of times I stand.  I have goals to reach with each of those rings- one goal being thirty minutes of exercise. 

Yesterday, I was out on my bike for about 50 minutes.  Unfortunately, when I checked the green exercise ring only showed 9 minutes. Well, that was frustrating.  I mean it's not like I was on some leisurely roll down the canal path.  There was sweat.  There was some huffing and puffing.  And yet, my watch didn't seem to think there was any exercise.

Last night I got a cheery message on my watch- "You can still do it!"

Ugh.  After my afternoon ride, I was tired and ready to relax. 

The pull of closing those rings was strong and a few minutes later I was out the door with arms swinging high on a brisk walk through the neighborhood.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm uncertain as to whether I want that kind of nagging - but I do admire that you rose to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arms swinging... this creates a perfect mental image and shows your determination to not be undone by that bothersome watch.

    ReplyDelete