Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And Here We Are

Now what? I've spent the last 30 days slicing...what's next? Is 31 days enough to start a new habit? It's been a challenge, some days more challenging than others, but on the whole I've enjoyed the experience.

I think the hardest thing has been publishing writing that I wasn't totally happy with- allowing unfinished work to enter cyberspace where who knows what might happen.
Then there were the days when I just couldn't get my thoughts together, when I knew what I wanted to write about but didn't know how to write it.

Of course there were good parts as well. Working as a writer on a daily basis was gratifying. There were days that my thoughts came together without much trouble. On those days I experienced a warmth inside that came from my own feeling of personal success.

I do know that I haven't been able to untangle that knotty string of thoughts I carry around in my head, but it's been fun trying. At this point I can't say for sure if I'll continue trying on a daily basis, but check back sometime, I'll be around.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you've worked to "untangle that knotty string of thoughts" in your head. That's a worthy challenge that resonates with most of us, I'm sure. Count me in as one to check back for more in the future, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said about putting unfinished work out there. I felt the same way many days. Keep writing - it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to check back, hopefully, every day.

    ReplyDelete