Monday, March 1, 2010

Away We Go!

Minute to minute, day to day, scattered thoughts ricochet around my brain. So it's with an uneasy smile on my face that I begin the Slice of Life Challenge. Why the smile? I guess it's because I like thinking of myself as a writer. It makes me happy to consider that all the thoughts that rattle around my head may actually connect somehow, that in the end they might just add up to something of substance. Then comes the anxiety; because in the same moment that I think those scattered thoughts may be important or inspiring to someone else, I worry that they're nothing more than a knotty string of random thought, meaningless to everyone...but me.

I'll never know for sure...unless I start writing. Away we go.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of writing bringing order to our thoughts. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knotty strong of random thoughts inspire me, Mary. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Congratulations! Very inspiring and thought provoking, Mary.

    ReplyDelete