Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Play Ball!

April brings more than just the pesky grass pollen that irritates me so; it also brings the start of the baseball season.

So this morning, even though I was disappointed to see a light film of green residue covering my car and even though it was Tuesday, I was happy.

The Orioles, a team I've been cheering on for the last 4o-some years, begin their season tonight. The beginning of the season always holds promise for the great things that may come the next six months. It's been awhile since my team has seen any postseason play, but on the first day of the new season I have hope that this will be the year things turn around.

2 comments:

  1. I am hopeful for you as well! Go Nats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on your SOLSC prize! All this writing and three free books, too. Lucky.

    ReplyDelete