Thursday, April 29, 2010

Powering Through

I dragged myself to the gym today even though I really wanted to drag myself home to my unmade bed. Exhaustion has seeped into my bones this week. It's been the kind of week that has me feeling the weight of the world, and I guess that weight is getting the best of my energy level.

I sat in school parking lot at 3:15 this afternoon talking myself into that little trip to the gym. "Just get on the elliptical for 30 minutes, you know it'll make you feel better."

Surprisingly, I listened to my own advice and within 20 minutes I was plugged into the iPod and putting in my 30 minutes. The music carried me through. I felt better almost immediately and hit the half hour mark without a thought. I figured I'd stop at 45, but as I watched the clock count down to the forty-fifth minute the song changed and The Jackson Five started to sing. The infectious beat got me through another five minutes to bring my total time to 50 minutes.

Thank you Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Jermaine, and of course, Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment