Monday, May 10, 2010

Feet Up and Watching

The sights I see in my own backyard often surprise me. I spent ten or fifteen minutes sitting on my patio this afternoon and was once again thoroughly entertained by the sounds and sights I took in. The afternoon patio break has almost become a daily ritual of late. Whenever the weather permits I take a seat on my red Adirondack chair, put my feet up and sit with my camera in hand to see what pictures come my way.

Today I was treated to a bird quarrel, a few squirrels scurrying through the trees showing off their acrobatic talents and one bright redheaded woodpecker. I'm always impressed with the woodpeckers; their imposing size and bright red tops are always startling when compared to the smaller sparrows that are frequent flyers through the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment