Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just Missed

Go figure...I sat patiently at the back door for about thirty minutes this evening, hoping to snap some pictures of birds checking out the new bird feeder. I got one squirrel who shimmied up the pole and made himself at home in the flat feeder I have. He sat in there for about 15 minutes, happily chomping away on a mixture of nuts and sunflower seeds. A few small birds stopped in, but I think seeing the huge squirrel freaked them out a bit and they moved on. I noticed a bright red cardinal in the trees above and hoped he might check out the new feeder and give me a nice shot. No luck. He waited until the back door was closed and the camera was put away to perch himself atop the feeder for the perfect photograph that would not be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment