Saturday, May 22, 2010

Part III

The start of the new school year came about quickly. So did the painful symptoms of Achilles tendonitis and Plantar Fasciitis. The fall was about getting settled into the school year and fitting in twice-weekly physical therapy appointments to mend my aching peds. I also audited a class so between that and therapy there was always someplace else to be after work. I welcomed a return to relative normalcy in January but was then quickly thrown for a loop with an irregular mammogram.


In the end it was nothing, but I don’t have any desire to see one of those long biopsy needles ever again. The bright side to the entire experience was that the biopsy fell on the day before a major snow event. Since I didn’t go to work that day and was done with my appointment by about 10:30 I was able to beat the crowds to the grocery store and stock up on all the needed snow supplies. The storm came as predicted and I enjoyed an unscheduled weeklong vacation at home. It was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment