Monday, May 17, 2010

Mondays...Yawn...

Mondays are usually quiet days in the classroom. However, given the gorgeous weather we had this weekend it wasn't surprising that today the students were nearly comatose. That worked out well for me since I was pretty tired myself.

The kids have started counting down the days to the end of the year. Someone in my homeroom was asking how many more days we have left and 27 was the immediate response from the other side of the classroom. One of my homeroom students is leaving on June 4 to spend the summer with family in his home country of Egypt, so he has his own countdown going.

I've been counting down Mondays...with today taken care of and the Memorial Day holiday thrown in I'm left with four more Mondays that I have to listen to the sound of an alarm clock at 5:15 AM. That sounds just dandy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment