Sunday, May 23, 2010

Part IV...of V

Spring arrived just about the time everyone was sick of looking at the dirty snow piled everywhere. The flowers started blooming again and the days grew longer. My bike came out of hibernation and I took my kayak out for the first paddle of the new year. I was thrilled to get back out on the canal path with camera in hand to see and record the first signs of spring.


Other memories of the year come to mind but they’re more like flashes of fun; watching the smile on my nephew’s face grow as he recounted the positive feedback he received on his sketchbook during his interview for acceptance to the New Hampshire Institute of Art. His younger sister had the same sort of glow as she looked up at the lights in Time Square last December. She was awestruck to be in the city that she hopes to call home in the next ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment